Awards and honours received include:
– Judge, Golden Target Awards, the “Oscars” of the Public Relations Institute of Australia, July 2015.
– Student Commencement Speaker, Macquarie University Faculty of Arts graduation ceremony, April 2012.
– Madonna Marsden International Travel Grant (2011) to present at the “Popular Culture Association” and “American Culture Association” conference, San Antonio, Texas, USA, April 2011.
– Executive Producer Live Strong: Closing the Gap on Chronic Disease (29′ documentary, 2010), Finalist in the Excellence in Indigenous Health Awards, Darwin, March 2011.
– Executive Producer of Recovery From Trauma: What Works (2009), a 29′ documentary intended for people who have experienced a traumatic event. This program won a “Freddie” award at the 2009 International Health and Medical Media Awards, the only program outside of North America to win that year.
– Executive Producer of Drinking for Two?, (2007) a 26′ documentary which was a finalist for the “Freddies” in the 2008 International Health and Medical Media Awards, and has been broadcast by SBS Television.
– Executive Producer of Managing Mental Health Issues for Young People (2004) and Preventing Rural Youth Suicide (2003), two panel-based television programs which together received a “Commendation” in 2004 from Suicide Prevention Australia in the category of Media.
– A personal Commonwealth Literacy Medal (1991) for my coordination of Australian Broadcasting Corporation’s (ABC) activities during International Literacy Year (ILY) during 1990.