My organisation – Community Colleges Australia (CCA) – has just released an 8-part audio podcast series on corporate governance for Australian community education organisations.
The podcasts have been produced for community education Boards of Directors, CEOs, company secretaries and other senior staff involved in organisational governance. The programs are available for downloading or streaming through CCA’s website, or through iTunes. Transcripts of each program are also available.
The 8 episodes in the series are:
- Introduction and Roles: Why Board Governance is Important
- The CEO/Chair Relationship
- Purpose and Strategy: Defining Your Organisation’s Purpose
- Risk Management: Managing Different Types of Risk
- Board Effectiveness: What Does a Good Board Look Like?
- Transparency, Integrity and Accountability: How to Keep Your Board Out of Trouble
- Finance: Profit is Not a Dirty Word
- Engagement: Involving Stakeholders and Board Directors
Those interviewed in the series are:
- Phil Butler, Not-for-Profit Sector Leader, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Patricia Carroll, CEO, St George & Sutherland Community College
- Theresa Collignon, CEO, Macquarie Community College
- Peter Johnston, former Chair, Tamworth Community College & Board Director, Greater Northern Skills Development Group Inc
- David Knowles, Head of Philanthropic & Social Capital, Koda
- David Martin, CEO, Western Riverina Community College
- Michael Newton, Executive Director, WEA Sydney
- Katherine Sainty, Principal, Sainty Law
- Ty Wiggins, Partner, Converge Consulting
Producers were Ellen Leabeater and Miles Martignoni (Heaps Good Media), who did a great job. I was the project manager.